• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library Backup Fails to Dropbox
I am trying to back up my Library to Dropbox. I got the Access Code from Dropbox and entered the code in MobileSheets and selected a Dropbox folder. The Backup appears to gather all of the data and then starts the transfer process to Dropbox. The "% Complete" windows never moves past 0% and the process fails (see attached file)

I am using the latest update to MS (071821). Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I definitely have not see that error during my testing. Please try something - if you generate the backup file locally on the device first, then just use a browser or the Dropbox app to upload the backup file, does that work without issue?

Thanks,
Mike
(07-19-2021, 05:19 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I definitely have not see that error during my testing. Please try something - if you generate the backup file locally on the device first, then just use a browser or the Dropbox app to upload the backup file, does that work without issue?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Thanks for answering. Perhaps Dropbox might be cancelling the up load because of the time (I tried the Backup to OneDrive and it too over 8 minutes to upload an 8.4MB file). I did a local backup and it took only a few seconds. I can to the backup file into a folder on Dropbox and then access it there (although that doesn't help me much, because I'm also using MS on a Windows tablet and that isn't set up for Dropbox access).

Doug
I just tested this, backed up a library that is about 150 MB and it uploaded the backup file to Dropbox in about 12 seconds. So I have no idea why it's taking 8 minutes to upload an 8.4 MB file for you. Is there a reason you can't use a web browser to access Dropbox on your Windows tablet? That should work just as well for accessing Dropbox. I would like to figure out why the upload is so slow for you though.

Mike
(07-20-2021, 05:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I just tested this, backed up a library that is about 150 MB and it uploaded the backup file to Dropbox in about 12 seconds. So I have no idea why it's taking 8 minutes to upload an 8.4 MB file for you. Is there a reason you can't use a web browser to access Dropbox on your Windows tablet? That should work just as well for accessing Dropbox. I would like to figure out why the upload is so slow for you though.

Mike

Mike,

I decided to use OneDrive instead of Dropbox due to administrative issues. OneDrive works fine (backup uploads as fast as yours).

Thanks,

Doug