• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foot pedal doing strange things
Hello everyone!

I have a PageFlip Firefly and Acer convertible Chromebook. Chromebook and MS Pro are up to date.

Just recently when I pull up my set list and need to change pages, it either doesn't change or goes 3-5 songs ahead. When I try to go backwards, it does the same thing. I have not changed any settings in MS Pro for the pedal. I have even gone on my computer and reset the pedal to factory. I have removed and reloaded the pedal in Bluetooth settings. I changed out the batteries (I can't find my USB cord at the moment, in the process of moving and it got packed *UGH*) Nothing seems to be working. Could this be an Bluetooth compatibility issues maybe? Any other suggestions? I was working fine up to about a month ago when I started playing actual gigs instead of just songs. I was going to check with PageFlip too, but wanted to see if maybe somebody came across this already and knew how to fix it.

Thanks a bunch for any input.
Off the top fo my head, I would check the following:

1) The AirTurn Manager app lets you change the key repeat rate, so I'm curious what that is set to. See if that needs to be adjusted
2) If the debounce setting for the pedal isn't set to like 200ms, try enabling that to eliminate multiple pedal triggers
3) What actions are set under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions? Try using just a single action to see if something is going on with the settings

I'll try to provide additional feedback once I know which pedal actions you are using.

Mike
Off the top of my head, I would check the following:

1) The AirTurn Manager app lets you change the key repeat rate, so I'm curious what that is set to. See if that needs to be adjusted
2) If the debounce setting for the pedal isn't set to like 200ms, try enabling that to eliminate multiple pedal triggers
3) What actions are set under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions? Try using just a single action to see if something is going on with the settings

I'll try to provide additional feedback once I know which pedal actions you are using.

Mike
Thanks Mike for the response. Not sure I understand #1 & #2 as I have a PageFlip Firefly pedal. I had reset the pedal (which as far as I am aware, nothing had changed on it). I have attached a screenshot of the Pedal setting - which nothing had changed on that either.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Apologies - does the PageFlip FireFly have a repeat mode that continually sends the pedal action while it is held down? If that is enabled, try disabling it. Does PageFlip provide any updated firmware for the FireFly? Do you know if the Chromebook happened to download an OS update and the pedal stopped working properly after that?

Mike
I had gone and downloaded the software to see if there had been an update or anything that needed to be done to the pedal. I hadn't changed anything unless it got bumped in my bag, which is why I reset everything.
https://www.pageflip.com/pages/software

I do updates all the time on my Chormebook, hard to tell if it was an update or something else. I just did an update today. I'm running version 92.0.4515.162.

I haven't had the consent need to use my pedal until about 2 months ago. That it when it started, I started gigging again.
I just found the USB cord to the pedal and tested it out (took the batteries out too). It worked fine. Now if I only had more than 1 USB port LOL!
I'm glad you at least have that as a workaround.