• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android --> Apple? or better Android tablet?
Especially these days, gigs happen outdoors more than ever. My Android tablet running MSP can't be seen on a sunny day outdoors even in shade. 
My friend's Apple 12.9" tablet can display two sheets side by side readably in outdoor light. 
So I either have to find an Android tablet that rivals the Apple, or some way to convert Android MSP to Apple MSP, or spend much of the rest of my days cataloging the 2,000 to 3,000 or so tunes I have in MSP. 
Any ideas would be welcome!
I can't speak to whether the upcoming Samsung Tab S8+ (12.4") or Ultra (which will be over 14 inches in size) will be viewable in outdoor lighting, but those could be very much like the iPad Pro. You also could consider one of the BOOX e-ink tablets if you wanted something that would be easy to read outdoors. Alternatively, I'm also working on an iOS version of MobileSheetsPro, so you won't have to wait too much longer to be able to move your library over to an iPad if that is your preference.

Mike
(09-18-2021, 08:22 AM)spencer Wrote: Especially these days, gigs happen outdoors more than ever. My Android tablet running MSP can't be seen on a sunny day outdoors even in shade. 

Nothing can't beat 13.3" Eink display in direct sun.
Your device is in power saving mode or adaptive brightness is disabled or you have defective screen or invest in better device.
I never had a problem with Pixel Slate.
Not sure why you don't tell us what Android tablet you have.
(09-18-2021, 08:22 AM)spencer Wrote: Especially these days, gigs happen outdoors more than ever. My Android tablet running MSP can't be seen on a sunny day outdoors even in shade. 
My friend's Apple 12.9" tablet can display two sheets side by side readably in outdoor light. 
So I either have to find an Android tablet that rivals the Apple, or some way to convert Android MSP to Apple MSP, or spend much of the rest of my days cataloging the 2,000 to 3,000 or so tunes I have in MSP. 

Dumb question, but you turned up the brightness to max?  Direct sun is a problem because of glare, but I have been able to situate my inexpensive Android tablet so it was usable in the sun if I turned the brightness all the way up.