• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First stroke upon entering annotation mode often disappears when exiting
Well I've been wanting to get a Lumi for a little while now as I'm struggling to see various problems that have been reported, so I want a device that more closely matches what my e-ink users have. So it's not a problem. If you are not in a hurry for a solution, I think it's best if we wait until I can test on the device as it will save both of us time. 

Thanks,
Mike
So I have an Onyx Lumi now, but I can't reproduce this issue. It seems to work fine for me every time regardless of whether I use a three-finger tap or not. Can you long press the song you are testing with, tap Share->Export as .msf and send that to mike@zubersoft.com? I can then at least rule out the problem being related in some way to the underlying file. I'm not sure what else to check.

Thanks,
Mike
I also see this problem on my Maxi Lumi from time to time but never found out how to reproduce it in a consistent manner. Because of that I never reported it.
(10-26-2021, 09:03 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So I have an Onyx Lumi now, but I can't reproduce this issue. It seems to work fine for me every time regardless of whether I use a three-finger tap or not. Can you long press the song you are testing with, tap Share->Export as .msf and send that to mike@zubersoft.com? I can then at least rule out the problem being related in some way to the underlying file. I'm not sure what else to check.

Have you tried working continuously on a score for a while, not just for a few seconds trying to reproduce the issue?
Usually it doesn't happen right away but after a while.

I can confirm this behavior.  At least in my case it only happens at the bottom of the score. Again, it seem to happen randomly (unless it's triggered by a certain sequence of actions which I've tried to reproduce for weeks now ...)

1.- Using the freehand pen or adding a stamp often won't respond at the first or second attempts.
2.- Once is placed, changing tools or exiting annotation mode makes the symbol disappear completely or partially (for pen tool strokes)

Mike, we dealt with these kind of problems many times on these particular area of the screen, I'm sure you remember.  I never had any problems on the top 80-90% of the screen, it's always at the bottom.

I'll shoot a video at the first chance I have to see it happening.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I haven't spent an extended amount of time annotating the same score on the Lumi. The problem detailed in this post showed that the problem could be reproduced by just entering the annotation editor, creating a stroke, and then exiting. That seemed like that would either happen for me, or it wouldn't. It didn't seem related to how long the app had been in use, although the John can correct me if I'm wrong about that. 

As far as the issues you are seeing, I haven't seen those yet either, but I can try testing a score for longer and seeing if it happens for me in the bottom 20% of the score. Unfortunately, because I'm jumping between customer support and developing the three different versions (Windows, Android and iOS), I don't really have chances to use the app for long periods of time which may be required to see certain issues. I will run longer tests when needed to track down certain issues, but I generally just test long enough to see if I can reproduce a given issue.

Mike
Sometimes I was able to reproduce this problem, but at this moment I can't anymore.
But I asked my son in law and he was able yesterday to reproduce it many times, the difference with me is that he is left handed writing. He used closing annotation mode by 3-finger tap and by closing with the X.
But an other problem occured when I use the pen writing in the most bottom part of the sheet. Perhaps this problem is related to the problem in this thread. 
I made a video to show the problem. In this video the first 3 lines disapear when closing annotations mode. 
I think you are writing outside of the PDF. With the latest Version of mobile sheets you should See the borders of the PDF file when entering annotation Mode. Which version are you on?
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I have the latest version and Yes I see a dark area outside the pdf sometimes. 
But in my case I have cropped the pages to use the maximum of my screen and I am sure that I write on the pdf, not outside the pdf.
This problem is 100% reproduceable.
First time I discover this when I would like a short notice handwriting on the bottem of the sheet, which notice dissapeared when exiting annotation mode.
Using the text writing tool than it works oké.
Wil - any chance you can create a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library and share that .msb file with mike@zubersoft.com? I would really like to test with the exact same library as someone else who is experiencing the issue to see if that helps at all, as I should have the exact same device and firmware now.

Thanks,
Mike
Wil,

I did reproduce the issue you described using your library and settings. It's due to the app not being in fullscreen mode which shows the BOOX status bar at the top of the screen. There is obviously some kind of bug in the code where the app being pushed down by the 80 or so pixels is throwing off some of the calculations or parameters passed to BOOX's library. I'll see if I can get this fixed. If you need a workaround in the meantime, use the app in fullscreen mode.

Mike
I've investigated this further, and it appears to be a bug in Onyx's library. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of values I pass into their library - if the app is not in fullscreen mode and then pen tool is active with stylus mode enabled (meaning the raw drawing mode is enabled for fast drawing), no touch events are ever reported for the bottom of the display (a section about as large as the status bar). I can scribble in that part of the screen, and I see the pixels being flipped to black, but in my app, I'm never notified about those touch events. I've contacted Onyx about this and hopefully they will be able to provide me with either an updated library or additional information on how to prevent this problem.

Mike
I wanted to provide an update here - I worked with Onyx, and it turns out the mistake was on my end in not handling some things properly when the application is offset by the bar at the top. I have some fixes in place, and I can now properly write on the bottom of pages even when not in fullscreen mode. These fixes will be included with version 3.3.2.

Mike
Great news!
My compliments for fast investigation and also fast implementation a solution in the next release!
Thanks Mike.
Mike,
An example of the problem
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o89raby2ca9wd...0.mp4?dl=0

It seems to happen randomly but today it happened all the time in a particular piece which I sent you via PM.
Closing and re-loading the piece still caused it.  Only when I quit MSP and re started it it went away so I still don't know what triggered  the problem.
Juan

EDIT:  It seems to happen only on page 5 even after restarting and anywhere on the page, not only at the bottom, so that's kind of a bit different issue?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
It is a different issue... I'm not sure what's going on there. I'll take a look at the file you sent.

Thanks,
Mike