• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Device sync and capo
I recently synched my tablet with another tablet, and noticed that although all songs were correctly copied, the capo setting was not updated. E.g. a song that had capo 2 on the receiving tablet and capo 1 on the sending tablet ended up with new contents but still having capo 2.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
So this is just with the library sync feature, correct? I imagine a library backup/restore wouldn't have this problem as it should just be using the same database. The code should be handling capo and setting it correctly, but I will run through some tests right now to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. One more thing - the problem doesn't occur when updating an existing song, but only when a new song is generated during the sync, correct?

Thanks,
Mike
What I did:
Master and slave tablets are synched.
On the master tablet, change the capo of a song from 0 to 1.
Sync library > Sync to device > Sync Master to Slave.
According to the log only the database is synched.
... but on the slave, the song still has capo 0.

When inspecting the database on the master the song has capo 1, but the database on the slave (still?) has capo 0.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Did you check the option to "Sync text display settings" on the sync screen? I just want to make sure you checked that as it's unchecked by default.

Thanks,
Mike
It is unchecked, and checking it does not seem to change anything. Next time I call the settings panel it is still/again unchecked. Changes to other settings are persistent, but changes to "Sync text display settings" seem to get lost (or are not applied at all?).
Johan
That's very strange. It seems to be saved when I change it, so I'm not sure what's going on there. It almost seems like the settings/preference file is not being updated on your device. This is when you are using Sync Library->Sync to another device, correct? It does sound to me like perhaps the option isn't being applied during the sync on the device, but I don't have an explanation for that as the event handler for the checkbox being checked is incredibly simple in nature. It just updates a flag and then updates the preferences file. I don't think it will make a difference, but can you update to version 3.2.9 and let me know if that has any impact on the problem?

Thanks,
Mike
This is 3.2.9. As you can see in the video the "Sync text display settings" is not applied. Changing any of the other settings works normally. This is on both the S4 (Android10) and S7FE (Android11).

https://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/uploads...e7rf2w.m4v
Johan
Oh interesting - that bug must be due to using the tablet in landscape and the checkbox being activated through the dialog. If you exit the sync screen, rotate to portrait, then go back to the sync screen, the checkboxes should just be displayed without needing to go into the settings dialog. Changing the checkbox there works without issue. I'll look into the bug with the dialog though.

Thanks,
Mike
Bingo!
Johan