• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play wma audio files on phone
All of my old wma files play fine on my tablet. I carry a phone for emergency backup but this format of audio doesn't play on my S21 Samsung. Many years ago you did a fix for the tablet to allow wma playback. Hoping the same can be done for the phone. I no longer record tracks in wma but have hundreds of files in this format.
With the ffmpeg media encoder App you could convert your wma Files to mp3. Even batch convert is possible. Maybe this helps.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
MobileSheetsPro should let you import the wma file without issue. Whether or not your device supports playing back wma files depends on the version of Android you have and whether the manufacturer implemented support for that in the main OS. That is not something I have control over unfortunately - I'm just use the basic MediaPlayer library that Google provides for playing back audio.

Mike
Thanks for your excellent service over many years. In keeping all my devices synced are there any advantages to using Windows in my studio then syncing to Android?

Interesting that all my devices are Android.
Thanks for your excellent service over many years. In keeping all my devices synced are there any advantages to using Windows in my studio then syncing to Android?

Interesting that all my devices are Samsung
Whether or not there is an advantage to doing that depends on the process you like to use to modify your library. If you'd prefer to create new songs in the library on your PC or make other modifications to the library, then yes, it probably makes sense for you to use MobileSheets on Windows to update your library then you can synchronize those changes to the other devices. If you don't mind making the changes on the tablets themselves, then you could just sync the devices to each other or utilize the cloud.

Mike
Re the wma files on the phone, try playing one outside of MSP i.e. just using the native features of the phone. 
From what Mike says, if that doesn't work then MSP won't work either; if it does work then there is some other issue.

You can also try playing a .mp3 file outside MSP - if that works you know you are using the correct method or playing a .wma file
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(12-13-2021, 04:07 PM)gman Wrote: All of my old wma files play fine on my tablet. I carry a phone for emergency backup but this format of audio doesn't play on my S21 Samsung. I no longer record tracks in wma but have hundreds of files in this format.

Samsung S21 supports only these Audio Playing Formats:
MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DFF, DSF, APE

You can easily convert your obsolete .WMA files with free (and open source) VLC media player which you download from https://www.videolan.org/