• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rename audio files or displayed name ?
Question 
Hi,

First i'd like to say i love your app ! Wink

Setting up my library i have imported/attached mp3 files to pdf.
Nevertheless sometimes the title of the song get from the file's name is wrong.
How to rename the displayed name of the song ?

Thank you
Boulou
Hello Boulou,

Thanks for your kind words! As far as the issue, if you want to rename the song in your library, long press the song on the Songs tab, tap "Edit Song" at the top of the screen, go to the Fields tab and then change the value in the title field. If you mean the name used for the mp3 file, that is extracted from the mp3 file metadata. It's not based on the file name at all. You can right-click on the file in Windows, click Properties, go to the Details tab, and then change the Title for the mp3. 

Mike
(12-16-2021, 07:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Boulou,

Thanks for your kind words! As far as the issue, if you want to rename the song in your library, long press the song on the Songs tab, tap "Edit Song" at the top of the screen, go to the Fields tab and then change the value in the title field. If you mean the name used for the mp3 file, that is extracted from the mp3 file metadata. It's not based on the file name at all. You can right-click on the file in Windows, click Properties, go to the Details tab, and then change the Title for the mp3. 

Mike

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using ANDROID and indeed i am talking about mp3s.
It would be nice to be able to rename/give another name to mp3 in the app ! (import again is not really friendly)

What is wierd is i imported the mp3 files again but as they already existed the app asked me to rename them. As i did the mp3 display's name changed, but i didnt change at all metadata from imported mp3 file.
If the mp3 doesn't have a title in the metadata, then I believe MobileSheetsPro will fall back to using the filename. Do you happen to know if a title is specified for that audio file? I do plan on adding options to rename files and I can look into supporting modifying audio file metadata.

Mike
(12-16-2021, 06:28 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If the mp3 doesn't have a title in the metadata, then I believe MobileSheetsPro will fall back to using the filename. Do you happen to know if a title is specified for that audio file? I do plan on adding options to rename files and I can look into supporting modifying audio file metadata.

Mike

I checked and there is no title in the metadata (empty field)