• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ratio 4:3
Hello,
Most Android tablets are in 16:9 or 16:3 aspect ratio. Do you know of large tablets in 4:3 size? I already have a Boox 13.3", but I want a larger one.
Thanks in advance.
Luc
Yes, but as I wrote, I’ve already a Boox 13.3 and I’d like a larger size.
Luc
ludu - please stop including that stuff at the end of your posts. I'm referring to this which often winds up below your posts:

Code:
TRANSLATE with  x
  English
Arabic
Hebrew
Polish
Bulgarian
Hindi
Portuguese
Catalan
Hmong Daw
Romanian
Chinese Simplified
Hungarian
Russian
Chinese Traditional
Indonesian
Slovak
Czech
Italian
Slovenian
Danish
Japanese
Spanish
Dutch
Klingon
Swedish
English
Korean
Thai
Estonian
Latvian
Turkish
Finnish
Lithuanian
Ukrainian
French
Malay
Urdu
German
Maltese
Vietnamese
Greek
Norwegian
Welsh
Haitian Creole
Persian

var LanguageMenu; var LanguageMenu_keys=["ar","bg","ca","zh-CHS","zh-CHT","cs","da","nl","en","et","fi","fr","de","el","ht","he","hi","mww","hu","id","it","ja","tlh","ko","lv","lt","ms","mt","no","fa","pl","pt","ro","ru","sk","sl","es","sv","th","tr","uk","ur","vi","cy"]; var LanguageMenu_values=["Arabic","Bulgarian","Catalan","Chinese Simplified","Chinese Traditional","Czech","Danish","Dutch","English","Estonian","Finnish","French","German","Greek","Haitian Creole","Hebrew","Hindi","Hmong Daw","Hungarian","Indonesian","Italian","Japanese","Klingon","Korean","Latvian","Lithuanian","Malay","Maltese","Norwegian","Persian","Polish","Portuguese","Romanian","Russian","Slovak","Slovenian","Spanish","Swedish","Thai","Turkish","Ukrainian","Urdu","Vietnamese","Welsh"]; var LanguageMenu_callback=function(){ }; var LanguageMenu_popupid='__LanguageMenu_popup';

TRANSLATE with
COPY THE URL BELOW

Back

EMBED THE SNIPPET BELOW IN YOUR SITE

Enable collaborative features and customize widget: Bing Webmaster Portal
Back
var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "<span id='OriginalTextSpan'>ORIGINAL: </span><span id='OriginalLanguageSpan'></span>"; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1);

As far as your question, the Samsung S8 Ultra is supposed going to be 14.6". People are thinking it will be 16:10, so it may not be exactly what you want, but it's still worth considering. There are very few 4:3 tablets out there other than the BOOX and iPads.
I’m sorry, there is a specific problem with your site. I just found out that all this unwanted text automatically writes and against my will (even when editing it) to the "Mate Translate" extension. I now know that I have to disable this extension every time I write to your forum and I will, of course.
Luc
Thanks - I'm not sure why the mybb forum software exhibits that behavior with your extension, but the fact that the extension is doing that is worrying. I personally would use other software if I witnessed that.

Mike
(12-20-2021, 04:04 AM)ludu Wrote: Hello,
Most Android tablets are in 16:9 or 16:3 aspect ratio. Do you know of large tablets in 4:3 size? I already have a Boox 13.3", but I want a larger one.
Thanks in advance.

You already are lucky to have the largest 4:3 tablet.
What is large for you if 13.3" is not enough?
The next category would be the monitor size screen but last time somebody made 4:3 monitor was 15 years ago.
In my opinion, the iPad Pro is the perfect size to read a classical sheet music and it is in 4:3. Unfortunately, the equivalent does not seem to exist on Android and MobileSheet is not compatible with iOS.
Luc
(12-20-2021, 06:40 PM)ludu Wrote: In my opinion, the iPad Pro is the perfect size to read a classical sheet music and it is in 4:3. Unfortunately, the equivalent does not seem to exist on Android and MobileSheet is not compatible with iOS.

The largest ipad is 12.9".
In your first post you mentioned you already have Onyx Boox 13.3" which IS 4:3 ANDROID device larger compared to ipad.
IF you're looking at home at Boox 13.3" then that is the best device currently for reading the sheet music.
Not sure why you mentioned you want larger device?
There's new Samsung 14.6" Tab 8 Ultra (Android tablet not 4:3) coming early next year or there are portable monitors which can be connected to Android device if you want massive size for displaying multiple pages.
You can still buy used Pixel Slate or HP X2 Chromebook both with 12.3" screens (3:2 ratio), both running Android.
Hello otnt,
Thanks for your interesting info. Indeed, the iPad Pro and Boox Max Lumi have almost the same screen, but the iPad has the advantage of displaying colours, which makes annotations more readable. Your idea of an external screen is a great one; I hadn’t given it a thought. I am going to investigate this way.
Luc