• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dual tablet setup
Previous ideas have not solved my problem.  Following the directions in the manual, I cannot figure out how to pair two tablets.  Can I get step by step instructions?

Thanks.
Hey jblazar. I use tablets together quite a lot so maybe I can help. Can you let me know what you've tried so far and where it's not working? Cheers, Guy
When I go into MobileSheets and try the sketchy directions, MS doesn't act the way the directions say.  And it seems I have to use WiFi, which means when I'm not at home, I need a new WiFi hotspot to get this to work. This seems unusually poor.  The manual says Bluetooth should work for connecting two tablets, but I can't get it to work.  Frankly, I'm about to give up and send back these two tablets and just keep my slow Gvido two-page reader.
Getting two Windows devices connected over bluetooth can be a little hit-or-miss I've found. First, try to connect the devices in the system bluetooth settings. You need to make sure one of the devices is discoverable, and then from the other device, you must pair with the other device. Once the devices are paired, open MobileSheets, go to the "Connect Tablets" dialog, set the connection type to bluetooth, then click the button for a new leader, set book mode enabled, then click OK. From the other device, bring up the Connect Tablets dialog, it should start searching for the other device over bluetooth, you should see it pop up, tap it, then click the Join Group button. If the two connect, you should then be able to load songs and turn pages. If this does not work, go to the bluetooth settings, unpair the devices, forget the pairing entirely, then try to initiate the connection just in MobileSheets and see if that works any better. It will have to pair the devices during the connection and you will have to accept the prompt that comes up. If you run into issues with this, let me know and I can try to work with you. WiFi is generally just easier and more reliable, but I can understand if you don't want to get a WiFi hotspot for this, and can't use your phone as a WiFi hotspot. 

Mike
I tried both methods and neither works. One tablet does not see the other--it is not discoverable, neither in the Chrome OS nor in Mobile Sheets.

I have a call into Lenovo to see if they can tell me how to link my Chromebooks in the Chrome OS.

It looked like it was going to work.  I turned off Bluetooth in the OS, then tried MS again.  The 2nd tablet was discovered this time, but it would not connect. Asked for phone bluetooth access for 120 seconds.  2nd tablet said 'waiting for client connection', then finally 'connection failed'.

2nd tablet won't let me turn on location services, which it says are required.  I turn them on, back out of location settings, and location services are turned off.
Bluetooth connections between devices does require location services. On Android, I have to request fine location permissions for it. So figuring out why that is happening on your device may be crucial to understanding why the connection is failing. Sorry it's been such a hassle though.

Mike
(01-22-2022, 10:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Bluetooth connections between devices does require location services. On Android, I have to request fine location permissions for it. So figuring out why that is happening on your device may be crucial to understanding why the connection is failing. Sorry it's been such a hassle though.

Mike
Thanks. I'll wait for an answer from Lenovo.
(01-22-2022, 09:46 AM)jblazar Wrote: I tried both methods and neither works. One tablet does not see the other--it is not discoverable, neither in the Chrome OS nor in Mobile Sheets.

I have a call into Lenovo to see if they can tell me how to link my Chromebooks in the Chrome OS.

It looked like it was going to work.  I turned off Bluetooth in the OS, then tried MS again.  The 2nd tablet was discovered this time, but it would not connect. Asked for phone bluetooth access for 120 seconds.  2nd tablet said 'waiting for client connection', then finally 'connection failed'.

2nd tablet won't let me turn on location services, which it says are required.  I turn them on, back out of location settings, and location services are turned off.

I've Chrome OS tablets (Pixel Slate).
There's no way in Chrome OS Bluetooth settings on my tablet to make tablet discoverable/visible.

So I have to use Mobilesheets to make it discoverable on leader device.
Via Connect devices/tablets, then I tap on "connect with last used settings" which brings "MSPro wants to make your phone visible to other Bluetooth devices for 120 seconds".
So this must be allowed and then master/leader tablet is visible.

On the follower/slave tablet you'd see leader/master under "Device groups" in connect devices/tablets dialog/window.
Then I have to tap on this particular leader and it would change colour, then tap "join group". Then I have to do this same step again (don't ask me why) so tap on the leader, then tap "join group". And finally it would say "connected"!
The only way I see the list of Device Groups on the leader is if I hit Disconnect. Then if I try to Join Group (even twice), it says connection failed, even after pop-up to accept joining.

How can I be sure which tablet is master and which is slave?
It says I need to confirm that a passkey appears on master tablet.  Don't see this and don't know where to look for it.
(01-23-2022, 08:26 AM)jblazar Wrote: It says I need to confirm that a passkey appears on master tablet.  Don't see this and don't know where to look for it.

I would remove previous pairings from Chrome OS Bluetooth settings.

Then as Mike said before:
"First, try to connect the devices in the system bluetooth settings. You need to make sure one of the devices is discoverable, and then from the other device, you must pair with the other device."

So once you trigger 120 seconds visibility go to Chrome OS Bluetooth settings and pair your tablets.
Then you can follow by connecting tablets in MS Pro.
tablets don't see each other in Bluetooth OS settings.
(01-23-2022, 12:08 PM)jblazar Wrote: tablets don't see each other in Bluetooth OS settings.

I had issues connecting a while back and my solution was to confirm the connection outside of the mobilesheets app. To do this I clicked on the clock in the bottom right of screen to pullup notifications. Hope that helps
(01-23-2022, 12:08 PM)jblazar Wrote: tablets don't see each other in Bluetooth OS settings.

You need to make one of them visible.
At the moment I can do this inside MSPro (120 seconds) then immediately I have to go back to Chrome OS Bluetooth settings and pair the devices there.