• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a larger tablet
I currently have a surface go and want something a little larger. I am not sure that I want to go with a surface pro, because they are currently about $1000. I can pick up a galaxy tablet like the s7 for a lot less.  Does anyone use a galaxy tablet? What can you recommend?

Also, if I switch to an android tablet, will my current song files transfer over from my windows tablet?  

Thanks

Trev
The Samsung Galaxy S7 should work very well with MobileSheetsPro. The S7+ is a little nicer as it has a larger screen and better hardware, but that comes at a premium. Your library will transfer very easily over from your Windows tablet. You can just create a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, transfer that .msb file over to the Android device, and then restore it under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup.

Mike
(01-24-2022, 02:57 AM)maverick86 Wrote: I currently have a surface go and want something a little larger. I am not sure that I want to go with a surface pro, because they are currently about $1000. I can pick up a galaxy tablet like the s7 for a lot less.  Does anyone use a galaxy tablet? What can you recommend?

Also, if I switch to an android tablet, will my current song files transfer over from my windows tablet?  

Thanks

Trev

What is large for you?
Are you going to use the tablet for anything else outside sheet music?
I have the S7+ which works fine. The only weakness I've found so far is light fixtures reflections in the shiny screen which is easy to fix by repositioning the tablet. 
A less expensive model is the galaxy S7 FE. 12.4" display
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I use it for browsing mostly. 12"seems to be what I am looking for.

What is large for you?
Are you going to use the tablet for anything else outside sheet music?
[/quote]
I like the FE thanks for the info. Its screen is a couple inches larger than my surface. Thanks
Is this the same as the RCA Pro12?

Anyone use it?

https://www.ebay.com/p/14029094413?iid=144379747575
According to the MPN in the listing, it is the Pro. Never used one.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Ahh, I thought they discontinued it.

I think it is a good option.

Jeff
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 line will be announced on the 9th February including 14.6" Ultra which will be around €1000.
.I recently bought a cheap SuperSonic SC 813 for around $240.  It is billed as 13.3".  The viewable screen size is 11.5 x 6.5.  The only thing I am using this for is sheet music.  MobileSheets works great on this machine.  The tablet takes a little longer to boot than I would like, but once booted MobileSheets is fast and the view is crisp.  I bought this because I was using unrealBooks on an iPad Pro, but my wife stole it.  Not wanting to send another $1.2K to Apple I opted for this.  Disappointed at first until I found MobileSheets.  Now it is perfect.
I still have the Samsung Note Pro 12.2 and recently bought a used Surface Pro 4.
The database backup from the android could be read into the windows version without any problems.
The Surface has a 3:2 screen ratio which I really like.

If I would have to buy a new tablet I would go for the Samsung 7 SE which costs around 500 euro.