• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nested setlists
Hello,
as discussed here, nested setlists would be a thing, that could be good the handle blocks of songs.

Thanks.
It's been mentioned in previous threads, but I cannot support setlists within setlists. It just breaks the architecture and requires a UI with infinite depth like a file system which is exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid (because setlists can contain setlists that contain setlists and so on). I will support lists of setlists because that doesn't require massive design changes (although it still requires a new editor and a new tab with different behavior from the others). This should accomplish the same goal as long as you only need to group together setlists into one combined list.

Mike
OK, i'm not deep enough into the app. Didn't see any difference between "setlist" and "list".
But good, that you will support it.
Does it make difference (in terms of not having to change the architecture) if you only make nested list entries possible in the setlist tab? Only like a subcategory if you know what I mean? So it's just a way to display several subsetlists (or "blocks") under a "master entry" setlist for a gig without changing the rest?
(04-17-2022, 06:23 PM)BRX Wrote: Does it make difference (in terms of not having to change the architecture) if you only make nested list entries possible in the setlist tab? Only like a subcategory if you know what I mean? So it's just a way to display several subsetlists (or "blocks") under a "master entry" setlist for a gig without changing the rest?

I was guessing too, that a setlist only is a list of song IDs and each setlist has a own ID too.
Thats why i was thinking, you could also add IDs of different setlists to a new setlist.
But as i said, i don't know enough about the app and i'm not a developer.
What you have both described is exactly the idea I'm proposing - I will have a tab that lets you group togther setlists under one "master entry" or "block" as BRX referred to it. This is what I mean when I say the tab will contain lists of setlists - each entry on the tab is a container for grouping setlists. So this doesn't break the architecture at all - it just requires a new tab, new editor, etc, and if you load one of these entries, it will basically create a temporarily setlist that is just the combination of all songs under all setlists under the entry.

Mike