• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MobileSheets For Android Version 3.5.5 Released
MobileSheets for Android version 3.5.5 has been released. The full list of changes can be found below:

Android v3.5.5
  • Fixed issue with missing permission required for making a device discoverable through bluetooth Android 12
  • Added AirTurn Direct Mode functionality back after addressing crashes and power consumption issues
  • Smart buttons can no longer be moved while performance mode is enabled
  • Fixed issue with canceling the SD card prompt while restoring a backup file that uses an SD card storage location
  • Fixed crash while removing a paired device in the AirTurn Direct Mode connection screen
Julie
Julie,
I have been receiving automatic updates since March 2022, but it seems to have stopped at version 3.5.3 for me.
How do I get automatic working again, or is it a manual process?
Thanks, Jerry
Hello Jerry,

It depends somewhat on which app store you purchased through. If you want to manually update and purchased through the Google Play Store, then load the Google Play Store app (do not use a web browser), log in with the email you used to purchase MobileSheets if not already logged in, search for MobileSheets and tap the update button on the store page. If you purchased through the Amazon Store, Amazon has not approved any of my updates for the last two weeks. I have no idea why there is such an enormous delay in them approving my updates, but there isn't really anything I can do about it unfortunately.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
Sorry, I should have been more specific  ---- I'm using the Windows 10 version 3.5.3,
purchased through the Microsoft store.  It WAS auto-updating, but nothing came through since 3.5.3.

The Microsoft store site shows the current version as 3.5.3, so it's out of sync.
Not sure if you can get them straightened out, but had to let you know.
Jerry
Version 3.5.3 is the latest Windows version through the Microsoft Store as of this moment. I had submitted a version 3.5.4 but it looks like something went wrong during their approval process. I'll switch this to version 3.5.5 and try to submit it again.

Thanks,
Mike
OK, Thanks Mike!   Windows version 3.5.5 came through today automatically, working fine.
Just a word of warning, auto update is not always your friend.

If a bug slips through, it's possible you will be standing on stage without any MSP to guide you.  Much better to manually update when you have the time to ensure everything is working properly, otherwise you might find yourself in the same position as these guys - https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=7771 .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks Graeme,   --- point well taken. However, I don't see any option to manually update in the Win 10 version! (Not currently using the Android version)

That actually surprised me the first time I received an auto update when I first started using Mobile Sheets, it just appeared, with the changelog displayed.
There was no notification that an update was available, it just was there. No problem so far, but yes, I see it could potentially be a problem.

Backing up as we speak, LOL!
Jerry
To manually update the Windows version of MobileSheets, you have to open the Microsoft Store application (do not use a web browser), search for MobileSheets and view the store page. Usually the update will automatically begin downloading if you do this.

Alternatively, users can purchase the FastSpring version of MobileSheets (https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/) which is tied to a single device with a license key and prompts you when updates are available, so that you have complete control over when you download and install them.

Mike