• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deletion of imported source file.
My friend has a newish android tablet (model unknown) and is not computer literate.
I have set the tablet up so that both "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" and "Delete Original After Copy" are checked.

The problem is that, after importing from the Downloads folder (no idea where that is), the source file is not being deleted (and the folder now contains several files she has imported)

Any idea why this should be?

Geoff
PS: She has the tablet so I can't experiment.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
If I enable the "Delete Original After Copy" and then import files from the download folder, the files are deleted after the song is created. I can't reproduce any issues with that on my device. So I'll need more information in order to determine what is happening on your friend's tablet. 

Mike
Did your friend enable the all files access permission when prompted by MobileSheets? If not, MobileSheets will not have write access to files outside the default storage location, which means it would be unable to delete files after importing them.

Mike
I've no idea Mike.

Is it possible to switch it on now (and how) or will she have to deinstall/reinstall?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Yes, she can switch it on. Just go to the tablet settings->Apps->MobileSheets->Permissions, and I believe the all files access permission should show up under there on Android 11 or higher devices.

Mike
Thanks Mike

I'll check next time I see her (although I doubt she's on android 11!)

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6