• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song-ID and Setlist-Export
Hi!

I have been using MSP since 2013 and am totally happy! Thanks for the continuous development!

I was able to convince some band colleagues to use MSP as well and would like to use the "connect tablets" function. Since file names are rarely the same, I want to use the song ID.
I am now surprised that I can not easily maintain or at least display them via Companian (I have now edited everything individually, which was relatively laborious).
Wish: Make song ID visible in MSP app and Companion. And more easy change.

in this context I would like to join the wish of the others to export setlists. Here it would be great if you can also select (possibly as your own default) which data you want to output (eg song + artist + song ID or song + Key + BPM + Time).
Export as text with tabs would be practical, then you could easily import the data into Excel.

Thanks a lot and best regards
Matthias
Matthias,

If you go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, you can display the Song ID field on the library screen if you want. The companion app does support the Song ID field, but it's incorrectly labeled as "Sort ID" in the editor window (I'm going to fix that). I can consider adding support for song ID as a column field if that's important to users.

You can already export setlists as a song list and you can contain any fields you want, and you can use tab as a delimiter which imports well into Excel. To do this, go to Settings->Library Settings->Generate Song List Format, then enter the fields you want and put a tab between each one by pressing the three dots at the bottom right and then "Tab". Then go to the Setlists tab, long press your setlist (you can select multiple if desired), tap the three dots at the top right and then select "Generate Song List".

Mike
(10-03-2022, 05:29 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Matthias,

If you go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, you can display the Song ID field on the library screen if you want. The companion app does support the Song ID field, but it's incorrectly labeled as "Sort ID" in the editor window (I'm going to fix that). I can consider adding support for song ID as a column field if that's important to users.

You can already export setlists as a song list and you can contain any fields you want, and you can use tab as a delimiter which imports well into Excel. To do this, go to Settings->Library Settings->Generate Song List Format, then enter the fields you want and put a tab between each one by pressing the three dots at the bottom right and then "Tab". Then go to the Setlists tab, long press your setlist (you can select multiple if desired), tap the three dots at the top right and then select "Generate Song List".

Mike

Dear Mike,

thanks for your fast Feedback!

I can not judge if the song ID is interesting for other users, but because of the use when connecting tablets it was interesting for me.

Your two notes helps me a lot, thank you very much!
And at least I could give you a hint for a "bug" with the Song-ID field in Companion ;-)

Matthias
I am using the „custom“ field for the exact match. So I can set an id of my choice. That works pretty well. Maybe that is also a solution for you?
(10-04-2022, 12:21 PM)kabakakao Wrote: I am using the „custom“ field for the exact match. So I can set an id of my choice. That works pretty well. Maybe that is also a solution for you?

I haven't looked at this option yet, because I thought the song ID is a good identifier. Good to know that you have already had positive experiences here. Is there anything to consider?

Matthias