• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song-ID: Multiple use of the same Song-ID (connect tablets)
Hi,

assuming we have the following situation with the Song: "Let me entertain you" as an example for BigBand:

Primary Device (its me):    
  • Let me entertain you _ trumpet1  with Song-ID = 4

Secondary Device (one other player):
  • Let me entertain you _ electric_bass with Song-ID = 4 and
  • Let me entertain you _ trombone1  with Song-ID = 4

I found out that it is possible to enter one Song-ID zwice. Thats fine.

The other player decides at the beginning of a gig to play electric bass or trombone. So he selecetd within the "Sammlungs"Tab / englisch: Collection-Tab the appropriate Collection of sheets. And there is ONLY ONE title with the Song-ID = 4 of course.

Assuming the other player wants to play electric-bass: He selected the appropriate Collection.
Now when I start using "Let me entertain you _ trumpet1" the other play should get Let me entertain you _ electric_bass automatically, and not Let me entertain you _ trombone1 - and vice verse.

Is this possible within MobileSheetsPro?

Thanks for your answers ...
Frank
Yes, that is exactly what the song ID field is meant for. You can link different versions of a song on each tablet together using the song ID, so that when you load the version for your tablet, a different version can be loaded on another connected tablet. In the future, this will be taken further with song versioning and roles so that each user can have identical libraries but load different versions of songs for their particular role, but for now, the song ID field is the only way to handle loading different songs on each device. Having said that, the "Connect Tablets" feature will also let you match on other fields including the Custom field, so there are other ways to handle it, but the song ID field also works for other features in the app when trying to find matching songs.

Mike
@Mike:

First let me say thanks for your response.

I am not sure if my problem is described clearly. (or I didn´t understand your answer).

When you have different versions of a song on ONE Tablet (sencondary device) with the SAME Song-ID, how could MobileSheetsPro choose the intended version?

It seems to me that MobileSheetsPro will not chose the song with die intended Song-ID after choosing the appropriate collection.

Thanks
Frank
If you assign the same song ID to multiple songs, that is going to be a problem. MobileSheets will just pick the first one it finds in the database. I don't think there is logic that tries to identify a match beyond that.

Mike
OK. Thanks for your answer.
@Dr. Frank

Perhaps you could create different libraries to achieve what you want; that way you could have the same song-id  on different songs.
So instead of selecting a collection, the user has to select a library (MSP supports this)

I've no idea if this will work as I haven't need to go down the multiple libraries route.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(10-26-2022, 10:06 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: @Dr. Frank

Perhaps you could create different libraries to achieve what you want; that way you could have the same song-id  on different songs.
So instead of selecting a collection, the user has to select a library (MSP supports this)

I've no idea if this will work as I haven't need to go down the multiple libraries route.

Geoff
@Geoff:

Okay, this seems to be a way to handle multiple Song-ID´s.

During a gig we will see how practicable it is.
Maybe it will take a lot time to change the library and maybe we will need an internet-connection.
I must try this.
From one song to another there not much time for the musicians to change libraries or something else.
I thought changing the collection could be very fast.

But, thanks for your hint - I will try it
Frank