• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimizing for platform (i.e. Kindle Fire)
Unlike some Droid platforms, KFire doesn't have a slot for additional flash storage, so it's best for Apps to use as little data storage as possible. I've looked thru the forums and apparently JPGs are better than PDFs for jumping to a specific sheet when there is a large number of sheets. But then I see that using vector graphics in a PDF (like Finale produces) uses the least storage for a sheet.

I've got 5 "collections" with a total of 800 sheets, from which I will build a set list with perhaps 30 entries. So here are some questions:

1) Currently I have JPGs extracted from big PDFs with many sheets. Should I make the JPG graphic size match the screen size (600 x 1004) for fastest rendering? Should I try to fix JPGs as B/W, Grayscale, etc. to minimize size and speed rendering? Any other suggestions for minimizing storage with JPGs?

2) Any suggestions for managing MetaData for lots of JPGs? Should I try to pull the sql database from backup file and back that up? Should I use PDFs instead so that MetaData is saved in the PDF?

3) Anyone know of an app that would convert lead sheet PDF/JPG to use the Finale vector graphics format (other than entering again into Finale and exporting PDF)?

TIA for suggestions/pointers.

Jerry

Messages In This Thread
Optimizing for platform (i.e. Kindle Fire) - by atglabs - 08-16-2012, 08:43 AM