• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All bars scrollable for small screens?
I don't know if this one has been mentioned or not -- I didn't know what to search for in the forum that would help determine that.

Anyhow, here's what I mean:

When MSheets first opens to the dbase page, I notice that if you're viewing it on a smaller screen in portrait (this is a Samsung Note 1), at the bottom you can touch drag the bottom menubar ('Recent', 'Songs', etc.), you can reveal the off-screen choices just by touch dragging.

It would be nice to see that behaviour extended to things like the Annotations toolbar. Currently, if I want to annotate, on this screen, I have to do so in portrait mode (landscape doesn't allow any scrolling of the score). But then I can't turn the page because I can't access the button in portrait mode -- so I have to rotate screen, find the 'next page' button, and then rotate back to portrait for more annotations.

Will the new version include the ability to turn pages using a screen side tap while working in annotations? Or even the ability to scroll vertically while in landscape mode? (that would be easier on my eyes!)

I have a Surface Pro tablet which is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the PC edition of this. That would eliminate a lot of my troubles, for sure!

Another idea, which may or may not have been mentioned would be to include a starting pitch button option. Say, a little transparent circle on page one, top left with the key note displayed (it's already a song dbase field anyhow) that when touched and held, produces that note. Would be great for a cappella performers!

Another 'long press' feature might be page one, top centre (normally the area for a sheet's song title). Would be nice if that would pop up an overlay giving a brief list of song info (arranger's notes, year of arrangement, perhaps other, user-defined fields).

Messages In This Thread
All bars scrollable for small screens? - by Broacher - 08-09-2014, 04:21 AM