• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips from a pianist (most are general)
I play with digital piano and, often, a synth on top. I play some jazz gigs, classic rock and I am in a band that plays Billy Joel and Beatles.

I do many of the things you do. I have a back up tablet.

I always bring the power cable and plug it in since the battery does not last so long on my Hannspree tablet (and there is pretty much always power available).

To me annotations are extremely important. I have a primary tablet, which i back up to the companion and restore to my back up tablet. That way I have all the annotations on both tablets.

I use a usb pedal (billipro/footime) instead of bluetooth because I had problems with bluetooth disconnecting.

I usually use collections instead of set lists. I do this because I want to hold down the pedal to get to the first or last page of the songs I am in without worrying about moving to another song. I uncheck de-bounce to do this. (I am concerned that link points are too automated--I like to keep control of the page turns).

I use a 13.3 inch tablet.

I have settled on this stand to hold the tablet (which I attach on top of a mic stand): http://www.amazon.com/Stagg-MUS-ARM-Atta...usic+stand

Jeff

Messages In This Thread
Tips from a pianist (most are general) - by tjrob - 08-20-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Tips from a pianist (most are general) - by jeffn1 - 08-21-2014, 05:30 AM