• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rendering musicXML, + transposing
Thanks for your comments on this!
Opening an external viewer and after exiting that returning back to MS Pro doesn't sound to me like being too difficult to implement. It also sound a little bit unpredictable though, since one would not know what else the external viewer might be doing, like opening other programms, and also opening might be slow since the viewer would have to be re-opened for every sheet. Still I find that idea intriguing and would volunteer as a tester!

With a 'plug-in' I would have something else in mind: If we define the interface-specification for an external renderer well enough, people like the guys from MuseScore might be willing to support the effort. MS Pro could then call the external renderer instead of the internal pdf-renderer, get back the rendered sheet and therebye still have all the great overlay-features that MobileSheets already has available. I have a lot more and more detailed ideas in my head regarding this, but this should be put into another topic, I think.

Regarding GPL license: I really don't know nothing about that legal stuff. But if you would find that idea worth to be investigated a little bit more, I would try to make 'first contact' with MuseScore to see if they find that as well.

But maybe this is technically impossible or at least too time-consuming.

Let me know.

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
rendering musicXML, + transposing - by chrisss - 04-29-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by kokomo - 06-18-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by itsme - 06-18-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by kokomo - 06-20-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by itsme - 04-27-2018, 06:59 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by BRX - 04-27-2018, 07:49 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by itsme - 04-27-2018, 05:30 PM