• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusing Navigation and notification bar option names
In regard to the options :
'Hide the navigation bar' (if running Honeycomb or later, the navigation bar will be dimmed)
and
'Fullscreen mode' (hides the notification bar at the top of the screen)

I am having difficulty grasping what the options are exactly supposed to do, and where they are supposed to have effect and where not.

I have been playing around with them on a HP slate 21 upgraded to android 4.4 and this is what I saw happening

With 'Hide the navigation bar' checked (and 'Fullscreen mode' unchecked) :
- Both Navigation and Notification bar are shown in library screens, song edit screen, annotations editor  . . . .
- BOTH are NOT displayed when displaying a song.
So while the option name only mentions the navigations bar, the notification bar is ALSO affected but only when viewing a song. Which is confusing.

* when returning from the song edit screen with the BACK in the Navigation bar, the title bar is partly hidden by the notifification bar, which is a small error.

With 'Fullscreen mode' checked  (and 'Hide the navigation bar' unchecked):
- The Navigation bar IS shown and notification bar is NOT shown in all screens (song view, library view . . . ) as far as I can tell.
So while the option name states 'full screen', it only seems to affect notifiations bar (but this time on all screens), which again is confusing

I have no idea if, what I am seeing is the intended effect, but if it is, the option names could maybe be replaced by something like the following

Current 'Hide the navigation bar' => 'Hide Navigation and Notification bars in song view'
Current 'Full screen mode" => "Hide notifiation bar on all views"

With both the current  'Fullscreen mode'  AND 'Hide the navigation bar' checked, a number of things are starting to go wrong. Screens (Songs view and library views) somethimes beeing displayed with Nav bar and sometimes without. I'd be happy to post details about this in a different (error)post if useful.

Messages In This Thread
Confusing Navigation and notification bar option names - by Rey_a - 05-15-2015, 02:02 AM