• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro file crashes MSP, MSP folder moved
One of my ChordPro file causes MSP to crash as soon as I press AUTO-SIZE FONT.
The file is in ChordPro format, but not lyrics, just a list of MSP settings from the times when the MSP settings were not in the backup. It might contain unusually long lines or the like.
It takes very long before an error message says "MobileSheetsPro reagiert nicht. Möchten Sie die App schließen?" (No reaction from MSP. Close?) I answered YES and initiated a report to be sent.
I tried that several times. At least once I lost patience and forced MSP to close from the apps menu. Once I had the message "no database found but a backup is available, shall it be restored?" I answered YES, and MSP seemed to work as usual. BUT: I noticed later that two mobilesheets.db files existed,
/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files
as I had specified in the settings before and
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files
MSP was using the wrong one on sdcard0 without letting me know. The path in the settings had been changed to sdcard0. This happened also in a case where MSP was not force-closed from the app menu.
This is a potential risk for losing data in case I relied on a backup from sdcard1 but changes in fact are written to sdcard0! A message like "succesfully restored to sdcard0" is required to inform the user. The same happens in case an external sdcard is not accessible for any reason: a restore goes to sdcard0 whereas the user thinks everything is on sdcard1.
In case you cannot correct the access problem (which clearly might be the case) it's essential to let the user know that his data are moved!

Attached Files
.pro   0_MobileSheetsPro_Settings.pro (Size: 5.25 KB / Downloads: 1)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
ChordPro file crashes MSP, MSP folder moved - by itsme - 01-21-2016, 06:16 AM