• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Song to Setlist, warning if double
(10-06-2016, 03:58 AM)Ben Wrote: I like the convenience of adding a song quickly to a SL, outside of edit mode.

Sounds like we need a request for Mike to add an "add to collection" option.  Smile

When you are in the song list and have one or more songs selected the menu at the top has options to add or remove the songs from setlists and collections. It might be nice to have these available when displaying the song so adding to a collection was as easy as adding to a setlist.

(10-06-2016, 03:58 AM)Ben Wrote: Also, I don't have the Collection tab displayed as I didn't / don't have any use for it. To have all songs that "need attention" in a setlist seems to fit best into my way of using MSP.

There is an element of "whatever works for you", but I personally find collections easier for this. I use set lists, but only as an ordered list of songs to be played at a gig. Here the ability to move the order around easily is key. Although it doesn't happen often, I do occasionally need the same song twice. So I don't have a problem with the way it is now.

I like collections as a way of grouping songs for different purposes. So I'll have a collection for each band I play in and maybe a collection of Christmas songs. And my collection of songs that "need attention" Smile

The differences between set lists and collections is subtle and both can be used for very similar things. It is worth having a play with both to see what best fits your way of working.

Andy

Messages In This Thread
Add Song to Setlist, warning if double - by Ben - 10-05-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Add Song to Setlist, warning if double - by AndyL - 10-06-2016, 08:47 PM