• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In search of a 12-13 inch tablet with a 4:3 aspect ratio
(01-03-2017, 02:00 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:14 PM)ShoshanaM Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 07:28 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I'm still happy with my Hannspree and Apzen (I like Hanspree a little better).  Stylus does not work great. (and I don't use with bluetooth pedal).  But, I would rather get two tablets (for the price) and always have a backup.  (There are Not E-Readers).

Thank you Jeff. Is the Azpen 4:3? The Hanspree isn't available in the US and although I found it on ebay I'd rather get it from somewhere I can return it if there are any glitches in it. I see that the Azpen site does have it on sale right now so I'll look into it.

I think neither are 4/3 (they are 16/10?).  But, it has not bothered me (especially with the cropping option Mike provides in MS).

The big benefit to me is, if you can get them cheap enough, you can get two.  To me having two tablets (with one as back-up) is tremendous peace of mind.  It is worth more than the amenities of a more expensive tablet (and sometime the more expensive tablets have issues too).  I think many of the weaknesses of a cheaper tablet  (not as detailed picture, viewing angles, weak sound, etc) are not that important for this use.

There are probably other inexpensive 13 inch tablets to consider.  Just my $.02 for what its worth.

Jeff

Thanks. I just checked and the Azpen is 16:9.  I do know that we can crop the pages but don't know if it will be as good as if it were 4:3. I've got to look into that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In search of a 12-13 inch tablet with a 4:3 aspect ratio - by ShoshanaM - 01-03-2017, 05:01 AM