• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI playback, overwrite existing songs, do not copy local files
Big Grin 
Hi folks,

I'm a new user of MobileSheets for Windows. I have made myself somewhat comfartable with this software and it basically fits my needs. However there is always something to improve so that good things get even better Wink

Here is a list of feature wishes and enhancements I'd like to see (or if they are already there then please could someone point me towards them and forgive my ignorance Angel ). I'm currently using 1.9.2 on Windows 10 Pro on an ASUS Transformer T305CA (a Microsoft Surface 4 clone - somewhere inbetween the old and the new model of the Surface 4).

1) I'm creating most of my sheet music with lilypond. Therefor I do have PDFs and MIDI files (sometimes more than one for a single piece). I would like the MIDI files being treated as audio files and be imported just like them. And of course being played e.g. by the buildin MIDI Wavetable player (I'd expect Android to sport something like that - Timidity at least exists there).

2) Occasionally I revise a piece and create an updated version of that PDF. When I import it I want to be able to replace the existing version all over the place. Currently it seems that I have to remove the old version and then insert the new one into all setlists the old version was part of.

3) There does not seem to be a way to (easily) distinguish a PDF and a PNG of the same file in the Song list. I therefor would like to (optionally) see the full filename (possibly the pathname) and the filetype in the all listings.

4) I had defined a directory where all files from "non-local sources" should be placed. However currently I only imported files from the local filesystem. Unfortunately all of them have been copied to that very directory. I would like MobileSheets to just store the pathname and leave the file where it is, possibly by also storing a timestamp and possibly a hash of the files content. Ideally this would allow to automatically update the file when I replace/update it in the local file system.

5) On my device in landscape mode the songlist is such that there is plenty of empty space to the right of the songnames. Maybe the listings could use 2 or even 3+ columns?

6) The existing attributes that can be provided for a song are fairly extensive and probably fine for most of my usecases. However instead of a large fixed set of predefined attributes I'd rather have a mechanism to dynamically add arbitrary tags to a song. That would allow to stick labels to songs like "4-part", "a capella", "sad", "funny", "Hymn", etc. pp. If that were to be extended one could also define valuesets for tags, e.g. define a tag "MM" with a valueset of type "integer" or a tag "Genre" with a configurable enum of valid values (these could eventually replace the existing attributes).
Of course I also would want the search dialog to support these.

What do others think?

Kind regards,
Michael

Messages In This Thread
MIDI playback, overwrite existing songs, do not copy local files - by mgd - 08-19-2017, 06:27 AM