• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
(06-06-2018, 05:27 PM)sciurius Wrote: In addition, it would be nice if I could say: copy (not sync) the complete database from this device to the slave. This would be equivalent to (but much easier than) making a full backup on the master, copy it to shared storage, and restore from the shared storage on the client. When you assign master and slave a uuid you can verify that the client has a sync of the master, and therefore you can use song uuid for matching. You may even disallow synching with an unknown client.

[1] An exception may be the physical file paths but there's already a path mapping facility.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for mainly, as I mentioned before. And an automatical path mapping according to the folder settings in the client would be nice, too.
The merging in both directions and checking everything is great but I fear it's so time consuming with big databases that I personally will keep my "master-slave" approach, work on the database only on the master and get the devices synced quickle with something like the aforementioned "copy db and map paths" function.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by BRX - 06-07-2018, 02:28 AM