• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about using new Sync feature
I've got two essentially identical tablets that I only use for Mobilesheets. One tablet is my main one, with the second as both a backup but also the tablet I'll leave at theatre gigs that run several weeks. I'm looking to keep their contents synced, but they're not always in the same room (or city), so I figured syncing to a cloud folder would be best. I have a Dropbox premium account, so storage space isn't an issue.

So far I haven't had any success in getting it to work. First I tried creating a new sync folder on Dropbox via the Mobilesheets app on the tablet. It began updating things but it was SLOW... like 24 hours later it had only finished about 2/3rds of my (admittedly large) library and stalled out.

Second attempt I copied all of the files from the tablet's storage location onto an SD card and then copied that directly onto my computer. When I went to sync in the app, it said that a database wasn't present, and asked if I wanted to upload one. I said yes, and it just started uploading the same exact files and directories I had just copied over. I cancelled this because it would've taken another day or two to finish.

Third attempt I used the desktop companion app to create a backup file in the Dropbox folder. It went much faster this time (only about an hour, which is about the same time a backup on my tablet in-app takes). I attempted to sync again in the app to the could folder and it again said there was no database file present.

Obviously, I'm missing something to get things working. Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Questions about using new Sync feature - by Poparad - 08-11-2018, 04:36 AM