• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Using the Virtual Keyboard with a Pedal Connected
(04-26-2017, 12:58 AM)Phillip21 Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 01:46 AM)Mnierop Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 04:45 AM)Mnierop Wrote:
(03-13-2015, 11:43 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Marco,

Before you access that screen, you have to have bluetooth enabled and your bluetooth device connected. If you turn off bluetooth, or disconnect the device, you will have to go back into this screen and toggle the setting again. I don't know why Google designed it this way, but it's really annoying.

Mike

I had the same thought, so I tried with Bt on and pedals connected, but still no choice... actually the screenshot was made while the AirTurn PED was connected, you can see the Bt sign at the top-right.

I hope someone knows a work around.

Thanks anyways,

After trying to get the Airturn PED and virtual keyboard working together for weeks, but could not find a workable solution, I stopped using the airturn PED completely... But today I found the energy to try once more and found the solution!!

Install "Hacker's Keyboard" via the google play store
Set the Hacker's keyboard as the default keyboard under the language and input settings
Go into the Hacker's Keyboard settings (tab the cogwheel behind the keyboard), scroll down to find "Show soft Keyboard, always" tick the checkbox.

Done!

Now I can use the PED, but also have the virtual keyboard! works great!

All credits to mr Schnautza, he posted the solution in a seperate thread:

http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...8#pid14968
Thanks for that Mnierop - really useful.  Just one small point re your instructions.  I looked hard for the cogweel, but couldn't find it.  However, I was able to access the settings by a long press on the microphone symbol (voice input).

I wonder if this would help getting the page turner to work with an Evoo 13.3 Android....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using the Virtual Keyboard with a Pedal Connected - by jeffn1 - 07-11-2020, 01:41 AM