• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about relative paths, database version, MSProTools db_reloc
Relative paths are currently being used. If your library is not using relative paths, it means that something prevented a relative path from being used when the paths were converted in one of the previous updates, such as them not being underneath the storage location. If you believe all of your files are under the storage location, then you can run a query on the database to strip the storage location from all the paths in the Files table. I can help you do this if you send me the database.

I really don't want to display the database number as it doesn't mean anything useful to 99% of users. Yes it is displayed when performing a library synchronization to show that there is a version mismatch, but I could just as well put something like, "You are running version 2.3.7 and the database was created with version 2.2.8 which is not compatible". That just requires more tracking on my part in the code (i.e. associating database versions with application versions) and isn't useful most of the time.  I could even opt not to show the database version and just indicate that the user must update both devices to the latest version available.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about relative paths, database version, MSProTools db_reloc - by Zubersoft - 09-10-2018, 10:04 AM