• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any guide/hints about creating csv for multi-song pdf's?
Hi all,

First off, I'm completely new to the usage of tablets for performing music. Always used to print everything etc. Nevertheless, I'm quite savvy with computers, so I hope that some basic guidance will point me in the right direction.

In short, I've got a bunch of pdf files on my pc. Some are tabs I've made over the years, others are single song pdf's, again others are scanned fake/real books.

As a novice user to mobilesheetspro, I've used adobe scrobat to create bookmarks for specific songs in multi-song pdf's. I used the companion app afterwards to add collection/artist/composer data.

Thing is, if my tablet brakes down, or if I somehow screw up, I don't wanna do all that hard work again. So if I could somehow embed all this info into the pdf/csv files that'd save me a lot of redundant work later on. Provided others possess the same pdfs I'd love to share those csv files too.

Now, I see lots of posts about csv files here, but i haven't been able to find any proper guidance on how to create csv files yet. I've gone over some of the csv files, and i guess i could just use that knowledge to write my own ones in excel. But i have two remaining questions
1. Is there any particular way/software that helps creating csv files suitable for mobilesheets?
2. How does a csv file relate to pdf files? Should they simply carry the same filename, or do csv's somehow point to particular pdf's, or should i embed the csv file into the pdf?

Alternatively, if anyone knows about a full fledged csv cretion guide I'd love to hear about it!

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Any guide/hints about creating csv for multi-song pdf's? - by pianistslogic - 11-15-2018, 07:24 AM