• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Fastspring Store Issues
Some users may have noticed that the Fastspring version of MobileSheets for Windows 10 was listed as unavailable over the last week or so. The reason for this is that the certificate that I use to digitally sign the app (which is required for Microsoft to allow installation of the application) expired and I had to get a new one which was taking much longer than anticipated. A new certificate has finally been received from Comodo, but there is a new problem: Comodo changed some of the certificate information slightly, so Microsoft thinks that the publisher's identity has changed, and it will not allow MobileSheets to be updated. If you are running version 2.4.2 or lower of MobileSheets for Windows 10 that was purchased off the Fastspring store, you must do the following:

1) Copy all of the files under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState to a safe location. Note that you must enter your Windows username in the path where I put <your username>

2) Open MobileSheets and go to Settings->About->View License. Save the license, and then click the option to uninstall the license so it can be used again later.

3) Uninstall MobileSheets

4) Download the latest installer here

5) Double-click the installer file

6) After the installation completes, copy the files back to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState that you saved earlier.

7) Load MobileSheets, and then load the license key from the file you saved

Your library should be unaffected by this process. I apologize for requiring users to do this, but I was not anticipating the problems the new certificate would cause. The new certificate is valid for four years, so this problem will not occur again anytime soon, and next time around, I will ensure that Comodo doesn't change information in the certificate. If anyone has any questions about this process, please post here so I can address them. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Windows 10 Fastspring Store Issues - by Zubersoft - 11-18-2018, 04:39 AM