• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurable Screen mirroring to e.g. Chromecast
I'd like to display the screens device to a chromecast attached to my beamer (so as to allow people to sing songs I am playing at the piano).

I can connect via the OS (Samsung Tab S3  - Smart View) to a chromecast device. It works good but after several seconds Smart View will turn off the screen (probably to save power) and then I cant see the Sheet anymore - hard to play and sing that way.... Confused The screen is not totally off but its completely black with a hovering notice on how to turn it on again (with a swipe guesture) so this is no regular screen timeout! I tried to override this with an app I usually use to override the screen timeout (Screen timeout toggle) but this wouldnt work...

In my scenario I worked around this problem with my smartphone - connected this to my chromecast und then linked it to my tablet als slave (via BT) so whenever I turned the page my smartphone would also turn the page (in this case it was no problem that the smartphones screen went blank after some seconds - i can still see the tablets screen...)

While I gratulate for the really nice Master-Slave feature and the superb synchronisation via BT that saved my day I kindly ask if it is possible to have the app manage the Chromecast itself and thereby avoiding such problems as I had - ideally configurable (e.g. dont display annotations on the chomecast but only on the tablet, or only display text and not the chords (on specific formats only of course)...).

Thanks for this really great app...

Messages In This Thread
Configurable Screen mirroring to e.g. Chromecast - by McConnor - 01-09-2019, 07:09 PM