• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobilesheets freeze a few seconds before opening setlist
That certainly points to some kind of significant slow down while reading the song fields from the database (as that's the only thing that is occurs when you load the setlist for the first time). If you load any fo the songs in the setlist after that, it won't need to hit the database again, which is why it loads instantly. There's a few things we can try:

1) Go to Settings->Storage and enable Expose Database. You can then send me mobilesheets.db under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files (or your internal storage directory if you changed the default) and I will see if I can reproduce any of the slowdown while loading the setlist using that.

2) You can start removing the songs from the setlist, one by one, and loading the setlist to see if we can find one problematic song. If the load time decreases linearly with each song you remove, then there is definitely an issue with slowdown that occurs equally for every song that is getting initialized. I should note that in order to test this, you would have to force close the application after each time you load the setlist so that MobileSheetsPro is forced to read the database again. I wish I could help with this testing as I know it will be very tedious

3) In the video you are loading the setlist Adagio, whereas the setlist you sent me for testing is Classe 3. I'm assuming they both have the same exact issue with the delay after loading, right? That actually points to a performance problem loading any song in the library that just gets progressively worse with the number of songs in the setlist. 

If we can't pinpoint any particular problem, the next step is a little tedious, but I would need to insert some diagnostic code to output the time various initialization steps are taking while loading the setlist. Then we could pinpoint the exact cause of the slowdown and I could start working toward a solution. I hate to burden you with this, but if you would like to help with this, I'll put together a build and email the link to you.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mobilesheets freeze a few seconds before opening setlist - by Zubersoft - 01-18-2019, 08:12 AM