• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persistent Filters vs. Clears Filters After Load
(04-16-2019, 06:20 AM)Zuberman Wrote: That's not how the filters work or how the filter persistance is set up. It doesn't lock in filters that you can't clear. It just saves them between loading the application. Otherwise there would be no way for you to remove filters that were persistent. You can save the persistent filters as a named filter, and then just tap the load icon to load your filters back if they are cleared. So you may want to do that instead of clearing the filters after loading if that is critical for you. What you are describing would be an entirely new setting that would be something like, "Reload persistent filters after returning to library screen" or something of that nature. If enough people want it, I can consider adding that, but the layering of all the settings may make it even more confusing to understand the behavior in all situations.

Mike

I guess I didn't understand.  (There is nothing in the User Manual that really describes this process.)  In my humble opinion a persistent (or "named") filter should remain in effect between and -within- any session of MS.   Only the user should be allowed to replace or remove the named filter.  For example, if I set up a named filter to exclude a collection of all my Christmas songs, no other setting, search, or filter removal should be allowed to negate it; for instance, no matter what else I do, I don't ever want to see "Jingle Bells" in July.  I have multiple "named" filters for playing with different groups at different times of the year.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persistent Filters vs. Clears Filters After Load - by jagny42 - 04-16-2019, 10:27 PM