• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large import breaks library
So the first thing I would like you to try doing is rebooting your device. If there is an I/O issue (such as folders/files being locked), this can remedy that. After doing that, please try loading a song that uses a PDF and verify it works correctly. If it does not, please go to Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference and try switching between quality and speed to see if this makes a difference with the song loading. If your PDFs are loading correctly, the next thing I would like you to try is copying over a PDF to the tablet itself and using Import->Local File or Import->Batch Import to verify that the file imported off the tablet works without issue. If that works, then connect to the companion app and try the batch import again. If you import all 10000, and then the tablet can't load again, try rebooting the tablet after this to see if that fixes the issue. That is a pretty large number of files so I'm wondering if you are running into issues with MobileSheetsPro running out of resources (memory, file handles, etc) if it's parsing those files for information. While I have batch imported thousands of files, I can't say I've ever imported 10000+ at once. 

I have also never tried using Share->Export as .msf with 10000+ songs at once, because that functionality wasn't really intended to export basically an entire library worth of songs at once (although it should be capable of it, I've just never tested that). The same problem may be coming up with this as with the batch import from the companion. I'll have to see if I can gather together 10000 files to test with. I think at the moment I have 3000 of my own, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to gather up 7000 more.

If the batch import from the companion is not going to work, even after performing smaller batches, then the next step would be either to import directly from the cloud or copy the files to the tablet itself and import from the local storage. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Large import breaks library - by semmelbroesel - 08-01-2019, 05:00 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-01-2019, 05:49 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-03-2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-04-2019, 07:00 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-04-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-05-2019, 03:59 AM