• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro and Multiple Singers
Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else.  I have a good portion of my charts in ChordPro format.  I like the flexibility it gives me when working with different people, who need things in different keys or have different devices for chart display.  I perform solo as well as in groups.

In group settings, there are times where I'd like to include the backup singer lines and/or make some kind of change to differentiate between the singers in a duet.  At present, I just add a comment with something like 'person1' or 'person2' but this gets to be very confusing on the screen.  In PDF format, I usually just use different font colors and denote in the beginning what color a person should be looking for.  From what I can see, the ChordPro format doesn't allow for font color except as a 'directive' but those tags don't seem to work in MSP.  I tried adding a highlight over certain words but, when you move to another device or export, that highlight doesn't seem to hold with the text but sticks to a specific spot, which just means a random blotch on the screen.  LOL!

Is there a way in MSP to either tag specific text with a different color and/or force your highlight to stick to the text it was originally highlighting?  It might be that there is a better way in general to make a chart that encompasses all the singing parts in the same chart, without making it too confusing.  I hope I'm explaining this correctly.  Thanks!

Michael

Messages In This Thread
ChordPro and Multiple Singers - by WizardX - 09-03-2019, 11:30 AM
RE: ChordPro and Multiple Singers - by sciurius - 09-03-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: ChordPro and Multiple Singers - by itsme - 09-03-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: ChordPro and Multiple Singers - by sciurius - 09-04-2019, 07:12 AM
RE: ChordPro and Multiple Singers - by Zubersoft - 09-04-2019, 03:56 PM