• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for improved "sync" terminology
I've asked a few people all responded that they didn't really see any different between "synchronize to" and "synchronize with". I'm going to need a larger pool of people here to respond with what they think is best and makes the most sense, otherwise I'd rather just stick with consistent wording, and I'm already using "synchronize to another device" for the other option.

Skip - You can't keep both if there is a merge difference between both libraries. That is the same as skipping. So yes, skip = don't sync. I don't support a concept of saying "combine changes from both tablets" because that would significantly increase the complexity for pretty much every kind of difference and for some, it wouldn't even make sense.

If "Select which to keep" helps explain the purpose of the merge dialog, I'm happy to add wording like that. I just thought it seemed pretty self explanatory as the wording is "Use mine" or "Use theirs".

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion for improved "sync" terminology - by Zubersoft - 01-09-2020, 04:32 PM