• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to send Midi timecode to MainStage for tempo changes?
(01-16-2020, 12:27 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you want to use your tablet in "USB MIDI Mode" then you have to go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections and switch to the Google MIDI library. The default MIDI library doesn't support virtual MIDI ports which is what happens when you enable MIDI mode in the USB connection settings. You'll need to check both options for whatever shows up for the input/output ports (you may need to uncheck the box at the bottom left that filters on MIDI devices to see the input/output ports). Then you should be able to connect through your MacBook.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but normally the tablet acts as the host and the MIDI device is the one connecting to the host. You are flipping that around as the Macbook Pro is the host and it is trying to connect through USB to virtual ports exposed by the device. These are very different things which is why the default MIDI library doesn't work. 

Mike
Mike

that did it.

Is there a way to Default to have all songs send MTC when either the song loads or when I start the Metronome?
Or do I have to go to each song and EDIT SONG and setup an EDIT MIDI command?

I use MSP metronome for all my gigs in conjunction with MainStage ... this ability to change my tempo within MainStage is awesome and wondering if I can globally set each song to send MTC when either a song loads or the Metronome starts.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible to send Midi timecode to MainStage for tempo changes? - by dallaskruse - 01-16-2020, 01:01 PM