• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUG: all annotations vanish when changing pages from file
(02-24-2020, 09:32 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Changing the page order is going to delete annotations - there is no way to avoid that. If you remove pages from a song, all references to things on those pages are gone. It doesn't make sense to preserve data for pages you've removed. What you should have done is copy the song (long press the song, copy song on the library screen) and then modified the copy. The reason you can't just change the page order like that is that annotations aren't saved in the file itself - they are saved only in the database. So if you remove page references, everything related to those pages are removed from the database. 

Thanks for the quick reply but I think you are perhaps misunderstanding the problem I described.  My annotations were on page 2, and I changed the page order from "1-2" to "2".  Therefore I was not removing the annotated page (2) from the song; rather, I was removing another unannotated page (1).  Since I didn't remove the annotated page 2, losing the annotations from this page seems like really undesirable behaviour to me.

Actually, upon further experimentation I think there is something weirder going on, and it's definitely a bug.  Now I'm seeing something different; try this sequence to see if you can reproduce:
  • Add an annotation to the 2nd page of a 2 page song
  • Go straight to the Files tab and change Page Order from "1-2" to just "2"
  • Hit OK and observe that the annotations seem correct in the page preview before tapping "OK".
  • Tap "OK" to save the page order as just "2".
  • Change Page Order back to "1-2".
  • Hit OK and observe that the annotations seem correct in the page previews before tapping "OK".
  • Tap "OK" to save the page order as "1-2".
  • Notice that the newly added annotation is now on both pages 1 and 2!!
I must have previously done things differently somehow to simply lose the annotations, but for some reason now I can't reproduce that any more - just this new "duplicate annotations" bug.  Either way, something fishy is definitely happening.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BUG: all annotations vanish when changing pages from file - by aspiers - 02-24-2020, 11:25 AM