• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synchronization Experience
Switching synchronization modes should not lead to strange effects or inconsistencies unless you select an unusual combination of settings. For example, if you perform a two-way sync but set the merge behavior to something like "Always use data from server"or "Only merge new songs and groups", this could result in some differences being ignored. If you then switched to a one-way sync with a different merge behavior, you could see some new conflicts that would require merging.

If it would be useful to people, I can look into adding an option to lock the editing features the app (performance mode prevents a lot of these already). A lot of information is stored in the database though, so to prevent the user from changing anything in the database, I would have to prevent access to a huge number of things in the app (which would require a significant amount of work). 

If you encounter any more synchronization issues, let me know. It's incredibly difficult for me to reproduce library sync issues though, as I rarely encounter the problems users describe when testing the library sync functionality. So tracking down problems usually requires that users share multiple library backup files with me (one from each device).

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Synchronization Experience - by eichelbe - 03-27-2020, 07:19 PM
RE: Synchronization Experience - by Zubersoft - 03-28-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: Synchronization Experience - by eichelbe - 03-30-2020, 07:41 PM