• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to add bookmarks to a setlist?
Smile 
(04-10-2020, 05:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The problem is that a bookmark doesn't currently define a range of pages - it only specifies a single page. So converting to a snippet would either mean using a single page for every bookmark, or defining the range of pages to be the number of pages between each bookmark present in the file (which seems like it would be incorrect most of the time).

I have considered making design changes to allow bookmarks to be used in setlists, but it would mean you always have to define a range of pages for the bookmark (essentially making the bookmark into a snippet), and I would have to update the group editor to allow either songs or bookmarks to be included (which is not a trivial thing). I also would need to update all of the setlist code (and every piece of code that uses setlists) to correctly handle an entry being a bookmark or a song (and a bookmark is linking to a song, so any action on the bookmark would be an action on the song). Once I have bandwidth, I will explore this more, but for now, creating snippets is the best way to go.

If you have a PDF which has PDF bookmarks in it already, you can use Import->CSV or PDF Bookmarks, pick the PDF and you will get a list of songs using the range of pages between each bookmark.

Mike

I see that another here feels I am must the only one to request such a feature but t
hanks for taking the time to explain the issue rather than a brush off.  Much of my sheet music, and that of others that posted, is within PDF books and I add single sheet songs to make a playlist.   I now realise that I will need to take time to extract the songs from the books and then add them to the library for adding to a MS setlist.  Of course I could do all that and combine them into a playlist PDF without using Mobilesheets   Big Grin ,
thanks again,
Ian   
Samsung Galaxy S9 Ultra 14.6", 1TB, Android 13, AirTurn BT-105

Messages In This Thread
How to add bookmarks to a setlist? - by Beemer - 04-10-2020, 12:41 AM
RE: How to add bookmarks to a setlist? - by Skip - 04-10-2020, 01:26 AM
RE: How to add bookmarks to a setlist? - by Beemer - 04-10-2020, 07:29 AM
RE: How to add bookmarks to a setlist? - by ako - 04-14-2020, 05:58 AM
RE: How to add bookmarks to a setlist? - by ako - 04-14-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: How to add bookmarks to a setlist? - by ako - 04-21-2020, 05:18 AM