• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
After thinking about this some more, I don't like putting the selection tool under every section of the radial menu. Even if you did switch to the selection tool while looking at pen settings, for example, if you wanted to switch back to the pen tool, you'd have to go back to the top level menu to select it. Putting it also under the stamp menu doesn't seem like a good fix to the problem because you still would have to go back up one level to select the stamp tool again after selecting your stamp and adjusting it. I think the real answer is a more efficient way to toggle between the selection mode and inserting.  While you can use the toolbar to switch between the selection tool and others, or you can use the command bar (the floating bar with favorites in the bottom left and a few tools at the bottom right like selection, erase and undo/redo), this still requires tedious back and forth between tools. I think a better solution is to use touch gestures. Right now, if you use a two finger tap, it switches been panning and the last tool. I think we need more gestures like that. To start, I can allow the two finger tap to be reassigned to a different action, so that you can use it to swap between the current tool and the selection tool. The two finger tap to switch between panning and the current tool isn't necessary for those with an active/smart stylus, so this would provide a more efficient workflow. The three finger tap currently enters and exits the annotation mode, but I can allow that to be changed as well. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality - by Zubersoft - 10-16-2020, 05:32 PM
Arrow svg files - by DonC - 10-22-2020, 06:48 AM
RE: Arrow svg files - by Cmart - 10-22-2020, 06:03 PM