• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
(01-08-2021, 06:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If it will help you, I can add an option to the settings that says, "Select annotations after creation". Then you can enter your text, tap away, MobileSheets will switch to the selection tool and select your annotation. Then you can adjust it, but you'll have to switch back to the text tool if you want to enter more text after that. I'm not going to allow annotations to be selected while other tools are active, because that caused major workflow problems with users that wanted to place a lot of stamps as MobileSheets would select each stamp after it was created, preventing more stamps from being placed. 

I've already mentioned that I'm adding changes to allow the nudge window to stay visible while the selection tool is active. I'm also willing to support having the nudge tool displayed while the text tool is active and a text annotations is being actively edited. In that scenario, the nudge tool would allow the actively edited text annotation to be repositioned before tapping away. Then you wouldn't have to switch tools at all.

I'm somewhat in the middle here:  I really love the new annotation features in general, but like meszian88 I almost always find myself having to move new annotations immediately after they're placed because I can never quite get them in the right place on the first try.  So I'm definitely in favour of a "Select annotations after creation" as you describe, along with having the nudge tool automatically displayed while text annotations are being edited. Really, anything that makes it easier to get to the nudge tool is a win in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released - by smw - 01-08-2021, 10:16 AM