• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
I wanted to let you guys know about something I discovered. It seems obvious, but I never tested it before, and I'm not sure what the cause might be, or if it may mean anything positive for the future.

When I use MobileSheets in fullscreen mode, I still get minor slowdowns, and it behaves somewhat laggily. But if I make MobileSheets a smaller window, the performance speed goes up drastically, no lag whatsoever. I guess it's because the computer has less to render?

I know it's not a huge discovery, but I don't know if it just means my Surface Book 3 really is just too slow to run MobileSheets in fullscreen mode at 100% speed (which is pretty pathetic considering it was $2200...) or that there's some kind of bug with rendering that slows it down as the display area gets bigger.

I usually use my Surface Book in clipboard mode, without the body attached. In this mode, it should be using the Intel graphics. It doesn't seem like Windows will let me tell MobileSheets to use the Nvidia card built into the keyboard, even if I have the base attached.

All of this is really just to say that I hope there will be continued performance improvements in the future. I just can't believe a $2200 computer can't run a program like this at full speed :/
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released - by Harry777 - 02-18-2021, 01:48 AM