• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Feature: Import docx files
The way data is saved in a .docx file is extremely complex. I can't take the file and show it on the screen without some kind of library to read that data, make sense of it, figure out how to format it given the output window, and give me back a bitmap of the page that I can then draw to the screen. Whether it's read-only or not, the limiting factor is my ability to show that document on the screen. If I went with the option to convert to PDF, I wouldn't keep the original docx around for editing (as it wouldn't be part of the song's file list so it wouldn't be included with library backups and such), so that wouldn't really support having it be editable on Windows. Having said all that, the PDF library I'm using for both Android and Windows 10 is starting to add support for displaying docx files. The company that makes that PDF library is in the early stages of development for that feature, but if they get it working fairly well, then I wouldn't need a separate library for that and I could start supporting those files with minimal effort. Editing of those files would not be supported in MobileSheets itself - you'd have to use an external editor for that.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
New Feature: Import docx files - by fretman - 03-27-2021, 01:01 AM
RE: New Feature: Import docx files - by BRX - 03-27-2021, 09:27 AM
RE: New Feature: Import docx files - by Zubersoft - 03-27-2021, 05:26 PM
RE: New Feature: Import docx files - by Zubersoft - 04-24-2021, 02:11 AM