• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connected tablets and Song ID not working
Terry,

I'm looking at each tablet screen and verifying the exact same image is displayed on both devices. With your library, when it restored, it immediately started trying to connect multiple devices using bluetooth. So that tells me you use the Connect Tablets feature using bluetooth to have one leader device control another follower device. Are you saying this is not how you use the "Connect Tablets" feature? I was not talking about the library synchronization, as I didn't run into any issues related to that. I think the libraries are synchronizing fine, unless you are telling me that when you load individual songs on each tablet not using the Connect Tablets feature, that you see different versions of songs on each device. When I synchronized my one table to the other tablet, the other tablet had an empty library, so this ensured that the two matched perfectly. If this is not sufficient to reproduce what you are seeing, then it's going to be difficult to know where to go from here. If that is the case, you can do the same thing with your tablets (either use a library backup file from one tablet and restore it on the other tablet or clear the library off one tablet then sync) to ensure that everything works properly, although that wouldn't work well if you are managing your own files and folders.

The best thing for me to be able to investigate this issue would be for you to provide me two backups (one from each device), along with instructions for what to look for after synchronizing the two devices, meaning "load this song on each device after synchronizing and you will see that it loads a different version of the song on each device". Obviously things would need to be in a correct state before the synchronization so that I can see how the synchronization is taking things into an incorrect state. If the problem is related to you using an external directory, that will definitely make things more complicated, as I would then have to set up my own library for testing and hope that I can somehow reproduce the issue. In that case, it would help to have information about what I should be doing to reproduce the issue, i.e. "Create a song named "Song A" using this file, then create another song named "Song A" using a different file, assign different song IDs to both songs, then synchronize the libraries and you should see a problem". As I mentioned earlier, I already set up a fairly simple test using multiple songs with identical titles but different song IDs, but did not run into any issues, so that's why I'm looking for help understanding what it is I need to do differently to see what you are seeing. If the problem is not related to using an external directory, then I should be able to reproduce the issue just using your two backup files.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connected tablets and Song ID not working - by Zubersoft - 05-20-2021, 03:20 AM