• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connected tablets and Song ID not working
Hello Terry,

I don't encounter those problems at all after fixing the database. The database was pointing to files using an absolute file path (i.e. /storage/5BA3-FA26/Cloud/Google/MobileSheets/Shared/Collection 1/Song A.pdf instead of just "Collection 1/Song A.pdf") - that usually leads to problems when synchronizing. Did you set up your library on an Android device where you unchecked the option to Let MobileSheets Manage your Files? If you do that, and you use your own folders to organize the files, it's going to cause conflicts in various parts of the application, especially when synchronizing to a non-Android device, because MobileSheets won't know which folders to preserve when transferring the files, so it just throws them all into the same folders on the target device. MobileSheetsPro can't always write to the same absolute file path on each device, because a different unique identifier is assigned for a removable SD card on each device, so MobileSheetsPro has to redirect the files to the storage location specified under Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location. That results in Song A.pdf being overwritten during the sync, which it sounds like exactly what is happening on your device. If you uncheck the option to let MobileSheets manage your files, you are really on your own for managing the files and folders across your devices if you want to avoid any conflicts, particularly when mixing Android with Windows, or two Android devices while using removable SD cards. 

There is only one scenario where you can sort of get away with managing your own files/folders while allowing MobileSheetsPro to also use relative file paths. You need to set the storage location in MobileSheets to the root folder containing all your other folders, and then you import all of your files from inside the storage location. Even though MobileSheetsPro won't be managing the files, it will recognize that the files are inside the storage location, so it can shorten the paths. This ensures that when you synchronize to another device that may have a different storage location, MobileSheetsPro can still use the relative file paths, which preserves the folder structure you've set up. 

In theory, I can help you fix your database by changing all of the absolute file paths to relative ones assuming you have all of your folders and files under one root folder. Then you'll have to change the storage location to that root folder, and in theory, then everything should work properly and the sync will also work as you are expecting. Let me know if you want to go down that path.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connected tablets and Song ID not working - by Zubersoft - 05-27-2021, 03:16 PM