• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro: {new_page} directive causes unwanted empty page
The way the code currently works, after processing a line, it makes sure that there is still enough room on the page for another line of lyrics/chords/etc. So when it reaches the end of the page, if there isn't room for anything, it proceeds to start processing the next page. If the {new_page} happens to be the first thing it processes after getting to the next page, then it will just generate a completely empty page and move on to the next page.

In order to accomodate what you are asking for, the easiest thing is probably just to remove the code that checks to see if another line can be added. Then the code will just process the next line normally, and if there isn't enough room for it, it will move it to the next page or column as needed. I've tested this change and it seems to work okay. I'm hoping it won't break anything that I haven't accounted for. If you would like to help test this to ensure this change doesn't negatively impact any of your songs, let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: ChordPro: {new_page} directive causes unwanted empty page - by Zubersoft - 09-01-2021, 08:25 AM