• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tablet, migrate database
All files in the existing library are user-managed and relative to the library root.

When I change the storage location to media (/storage/emulated/0/Android/media/MSPro) and I create a new song, it is put in the media folder, so this works.

Back...

Empty library in the default location data (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files).

Create a couple of songs, they appear in the data folder. The data folder now contains the songs, the database, stamps and user_filters.

Change the storage location to media. The data folder now contains the songs, and the media folder contains the database, stamps and user_filters. This is regardless whether the songs are user-managed.

After some experimenting I ran into the following situation (see screenshot) where I had a database in both locations, songs in both locations... Making a backup from this situation resulted in a msb that only contained song1 and not song2, probably because it choose the wrong database...

Note that I'm doing things that noone should do, but there may be room for improvement. For example, when changing the storage location offer the possibility to move all files to the new location.

BTW: A library clear does not seem to remove annotation_favorites.xml, stamplists.json and the stamps folder. This may be intentional, but it is at least confusing since these are also restored from the msb.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).

Messages In This Thread
New tablet, migrate database - by sciurius - 09-10-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by itsme - 09-10-2021, 10:57 PM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by Zubersoft - 09-11-2021, 02:43 AM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by sciurius - 09-11-2021, 06:31 AM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by Zubersoft - 09-11-2021, 06:07 PM