• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy Items from one layer to another
The paste option is only available if you have the selection tool active and you long press on the score. If you have used the copy or cut action, then you should always be able to paste. If you believe there are a series of steps that results in not being able to paste, please let me know if you can find a way to reproduce that, as I've certainly never seen that. Are you using the app in fullscreen mode on a tablet or in windowed mode on a PC?

Also please let me know if there are a series of steps to cut/paste and see annotations in multiple layers. I did just manage to find a way to reproduce a bug that involves creating an annotation in one layer, cutting and pasting that in another layer, and then using undo/redo. The annotation will be recreated in the wrong layer and then all sorts of problems occur after that.

Exporting currently exports all layers. Another user has asked for the ability to specify which layers should be exported, so that's something I will add when time allows. If users prefer, I can also just honor the visibility while exporting, but this does mean that users would have to explicitly go and turn the visibility on for all layers before exporting which they may forget to do.

Your use of the layer system seems fine - it just sounds like there are some issues that need to be fixed. Song versioning would also be another way to accomplish the same thing, but would avoid the export issues you are currently encountering. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copy Items from one layer to another - by Zubersoft - 09-22-2021, 09:22 AM