• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not all annotations displayed anymore
(03-24-2022, 07:15 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I was not able to identify or reproduce any issues, so nothing has been changed yet. I've been wondering if the problem may be related in some way to the automatic save feature which may be triggering at the same time as a user manually exiting and saving the annotations, but it's hard to verify if this is related in any way. You can go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup to revert your library to a point several days earlier to recover annotations. I would also recommend turning off the option in the annotation editor to automatically save changes if that is currently enabled to see if that has any impact on the problem you are seeing. 

If there is some kind of bug here that needs to be addressed, I'm going to need to understand what steps are necessary to reproduce the issue. How often is the issue occurring and what actions led up to it? I would also need to know if any annotation settings have been changed from the defaults that could be involved, as well as which rendering library is selected under Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference, as this can also be involved if you are currently editing embedded PDF annotations.

Mike

UPDATE:
I have created tests where I force the automatic saving to trigger at the exact same time as exiting the annotation editor which also triggers a save. This all works fine and the annotations are saved correctly. So I'm going to need help identifying what actions lead up to annotations not being displayed as expected. As a side note, I had advised Claude to use the "Embed annotations" feature in the annotation editor to save the annotations in the underlying PDF itself. This is something you can also consider if you have any concerns about MobileSheetsPro saving the annotations in the database. It's also important to note that a large number of users are utilizing the annotation feature and I'm not getting reports of missing annotations, so I think this issue is extremely rare.
Leider hat sich der Fehler bei mir wohl schon vor längerer Zeit unbemerkt eingeschlichen. In einem Backup von 2020-06-15 werden die Anmerkungen noch korrekt dargestellt. Das nächste verfügbare Backup von
2021-11-30 zeigt sie nicht mehr. Ich werde Dir Screenshots und *.msf-Dateien eines Songs schicken.
Es scheinen auch nicht alle Songs betroffen zu sein, aber ich habe noch keinen Überblick, da meine Bibliothek aus ca. 800 Songs besteht. In letzter Zeit habe ich die Musik wohl etwas vernachlässigt...

Google translates it as follows (I can't do it better either):

Unfortunately, the error crept in for me, probably a long time ago, unnoticed. In a backup from 2020-06-15, the annotations are still displayed correctly. The next available backup of
2021-11-30 doesn't show them anymore. I will send you screenshots and *.msf files of a song.
Not all songs seem to be affected either, but I don't have an overview yet because my library consists of around 800 songs. I guess I've been neglecting music a bit lately...
Regards
Andreas

Messages In This Thread
Not all annotations displayed anymore - by Claude - 03-05-2022, 04:49 AM
RE: Not all annotations displayed anymore - by sax-o-voice - 03-24-2022, 08:54 AM